With some good NFT marketplaces already available for the users, the competition for any new coming ones is going to be huge, but Blur, an upcoming NFT marketplace for the Ethereum chain is attracting users with an Airdrop that they have announced for the future.
The care packages that are being given to users will have the $BLUR tokens that will launch once the entire airdrop campaign ends, and that will happen when BLUR launches in January 2023.
The core purpose of Blur, according to their announcement, is to offer a Pro experience for NFT traders. Blur lets you sweep and list across marketplaces, snipe reveals, and manage your portfolio faster than anywhere else.
To build Blur we’ve assembled a team with experience across MIT, Citadel, Five Rings Capital, Twitch, Brex, Square, and Y Combinator.
We’ve also raised over $14m from world-class investors and traders including Paradigm, 6529, Cozomo Medici, dhof, Bharat Krymo, Zeneca, OSF, MoonOverlord, icebergy, Deeze, Andy8052, Keyboard Monkey and many more.
Blur’s marketplace is live now and the marketplace itself charges zero marketplace fees, and that includes the marketplace, aggregator, and advanced trading tools that are all available to everyone at zero cost.
The first Airdrop that is already available to the users is for the ones that have traded NFTs for the past six months. Airdrop 2 will be for all traders who actively list on Blur through November. Airdrop 2 will be much bigger than airdrop 1 so traders who are eligible will get significantly more Care Packages. This mechanism ensures that the ones who trade more will get more tokens and will have more control of the protocol.
BLUR has already given a list of things you need to do for Airdrop 2.
- The more you list, the more you earn
- Listing blue chips helps
- Listing more active collections helps
- Use all our listing tools — you can list by floor price, trait floor price, and ladder list
- Don’t try to game the system (constantly relisting NFTs at unrealistic prices, sybil attacking, or listing dead collections) — we will conduct extensive analysis to weed out traders with unnatural listing activity
- With that said, if you just list naturally on Blur, you’ll be fine.
- Don’t forget that you can also list on other marketplaces through Blur — you have nothing to lose and many Care Packages to gain by using Blur!
Like Airdrop 1, you will be able to open the Care Packages from Airdrop 2 in January when the $BLUR token launches along with protocol governance.
Listing an NFT on Blur marketplace will take a few transactions for the first time, where the marketplace takes permissions from your wallet for the transfer of the NFT after a successful sale, and so you will roughly end up spending about $20-25 for the first-time listing, but it should be worth it if it gives you a chance for the airdrop in the future.
Source: Blur Docs